ERRC SUMMER TEACHING PROGRAM
Use your summer to make a difference! Teaching is one of the
best ways for North American Christians to share God's love in China.
Here's why we go:
- To be a witness for Christ in China as a competent and caring teacher
- To inspire Chinese students with a broader perspective on the world
- To gain cross-cultural sensitivity through living in as well as working in
- To develop a deeper understanding of China, of China ministry and the Chinese people
- To prepare for possible longer term ministry commitments to China
Teach English: Middle School or High School -
3 weeks in July
- Teaching Interns: Current
college students encouraged to apply. Be a
conversation partner and activities leader in a fun,
English camp environment.
- Lead Teachers: Bachelor's
degree and teaching experience required.
- Recommended: Join Chinese
Worldview Today Seminar in Beijing. Visit
cac.errchina.com for information.
Teach University Students - 4 weeks late June/early July
- English Teachers: Bachelor’s degree in Humanities. TESL certificate and
teaching experience required.
- Sciences, Social Sciences, Math or Humanities Teachers: Master's degree
(Ph.D. preferable) and professional teaching experience required. Contact
ERRC for details.
All classes are 25-30 students with classroom teaching of 12-16 hours
How to Apply
Summer Program Requirements:
- Mature Christian
- In good health
- Good people skills
- Team player
ERRC Partnership: All applicants must join the ERRC Partnership Team and raise funds to cover the cost of insurance, visa, airfare travel, orientation, administrative expenses and organizational overhead. The host institutions provide housing as well as a stipend, except for the high school students' teaching program.
Stipend amount depend on professional and educational
qualifications. Financial obligations are minimal.
Cost: $1200 + Visa fee + Travel insurance
+ international airfare (about $2500-$3200)
Your experience begins with orientation before you
depart for China.
Teach in China, Get Credit at Home:
ERRC has partnered with Seattle Pacific University to
offer continuing education credits to our summer
teachers. Earn credits for $45 per unit.
firstname.lastname@example.org with your electronic resume or submit the Preliminary Application below.
[ Explore Summer Teaching ]
Singles, couples and families
are welcome to apply.
[ Summer Preliminary Application Form ]